A very tasty treat for caramel lovers!
185 g (⅔ cup) vegan butter or margarine
375 g (3 cups) icing or confectioners sugar
450 g (3 cups) plain all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
440 ml (1 ¾ cups) coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
250 ml (1 cup) Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat a convection oven to 160°C (320°F). Grease and flour an 8in / 20.32cm bundt cake tin. Make sure you cover all the nooks and crannies thoroughly.
- In the bowl of a standard mixer, add sugar and butter. Cream together on low speed for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk for 30 seconds to combine.
- In a small jug, add the coconut milk and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Turn on your mixer to the lowest speed and add ⅓ of your flour and milk, mixing until just combined. Repeat the process until all ingredients are incorporated, being careful not to over mix your batter.
- Pour ½ of the mixture into the bottom of your prepared cake tin and using a spoon gently push the batter up the sides of your bundt tin about 1 to 2 inches. You want to stop the caramel from touching the tin. Drizzle a ¼ of Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce around the center of your batter. Cover with a few tablespoons of batter and smooth with a spatula to level out the top of the batter. Repeat this process until you have used ¾ of your caramel and all of the cake batter. Make sure the final layer is just batter, without any of the caramel visible. Use a skewer to swirl the caramel through the batter.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 70 to 75 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch and the cake starts to turn golden brown around the edges and sides. Bundt cakes can be deceiving, so if in doubt, bake for up to 3 additional minutes. I recommend checking the progress of your cake at the 60 minute mark as bundt tins can vary in shape and this can affect your baking time.
- Remove from the oven and wrap your cake tin in a damp tea towel that has been soaked in cold water. Squeeze most of the water out of the tea towel before wrapping it around the cake tin. Allow the cake to sit with the tea towel for 1 hour before flipping your cake onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with the remaining Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce and serve.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: creaming
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Vegan Salted Caramel Swirl Bundt Cake