This is a great recipe for baking vegan blueberry muffins! I used to use this recipe when I was a professional caterer and it never failed. It’s a super easy recipe that you can make in 15 minutes or less. This baking video comes with loads of baking tips and tricks for baking the perfect muffin every time.
Easy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 3.5 cups plain all purpose flour 437g
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fine coconut 35g
- 1 cup sugar 220g
- 2.5 cups plain soy milk 625ml
- 2.5 tbsp white vinegar (see note)
- 1/2 cup veggie oil or melted veggie shortening 125ml
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon essence or flavouring
- 1 cup blueberries frozen and thawed or fresh
- 3 tbsp melted apricot jam or maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 200C/390F and grease or line with muffin cases 2 x 6 hole muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Add sugar and coconut and mix together well.
- In a large jug or bowl pour soy milk and vinegar in together and mix until it becomes thick or activated. Add oil, vanilla, lemon flavour and mix together well.
- Make a well in your flour and in thirds, gently pour in your milk mix. Gentle fold liquids into the flour with a whisk until just combined. Sprinkle half of your blueberries into the mix and gentle fold in. Don't over mix. Don't worry if it's a little lumpy.
- Pour batter into muffin holes filling 3/4 full. Add remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the middle of a muffin.
- Leave muffins in their pans for 10 minutes before removing them. Then move to a cooling rack so the bottoms don't become soggy.
- Brush tops with jam or maple syrup to add shine.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze straight after they have cooled.
- For more tips and tricks on this recipe watch my YouTube video above.
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 16,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!