It’s berry season here. So I’ve created a very quick and easy vegan raspberry muffin recipe that you can bake in about 16 or so minutes. Great for breakfast or lunches. You can swap out any berries for the raspberries.
Quick Vegan Raspberry Muffins
- 210 g plain all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 20 g fine desiccated coconut
- 110 g caster sugar
- 300 ml plain soy milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 65 mls vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon essence or flavouring
- 1 cup raspberries frozen and thawed or fresh
- 3 tbsp melted apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F and grease or line with muffin cases 2 x 6 hole muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add sugar and coconut and mix together well.
- In a large jug or bowl pour soy milk and vinegar in together and mix until it becomes thick. Add oil, vanilla, lemon flavour and mix together well.
- Make a well in your flour and in thirds, gently pour in your milk mixture. Gentle fold liquids into the flour with a whisk until just combined. Sprinkle half of your raspberries into the mix and gently fold in. Don't over mix. Don't worry if it's a little lumpy.
- Pour batter into muffin holes, filling 3/4 full. Add remaining berries to the top of your muffins.
- Bake in the oven on the top rack for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out almost clean when poked into the middle of a muffin. The tops should bounce back when touched. If your muffins are really large, they may need 2 extra minutes to bake.
- Leave muffins in their pans for 10 minutes before removing them. Then move to a cooling rack so the bottoms don't become soggy.
- Brush tops with your melted jam to add shine.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze straight after they have cooled.
WANT MORE MUFFIN RECIPES? Check out these muffins….