- 240 g vegan butter at room temp
- 240 g powdered sugar / icing sugar
- 360 g plain all purpose flour
- 50 g corn flour (or corn starch if you’re in the US)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 600 ml soy milk at room temp
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (double it if you’re using extract or essence)
- ½ tsp lemon essence
- Pre-heat oven to 165C/329F and grease and line an 8 Inch cake tin with baking paper
- Using an electric hand mixer, on a low speed beat butter and sieved sugar until light and fluffy for about 1 min. Don’t over beat.
- In a large bowl sieve remaining dry ingredients together, mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl mix milk and vinegar together until milk thickens slightly, then add vanilla and lemon essence.
- Dividing flour and milk into thirds, slowly add flour then milk to butter in thirds, beat on low speed until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Pour mixture into your tin and spread evenly.
- Bake into oven for 55 – 65 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 15 mins to cool, then removed and place on a wire rack.
- Top with your favourite jam and buttercream. See link below for my favourite buttercream recipe.
Find my buttercream recipe HERE
This cake will also make 2 smaller 6 Inch cakes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Birthday, Cake
Keywords: dairy free, egg free, vegan, vegan baking, vegan cake, video