NEW CAKEEEE! I got to trial Nature’s Charm latest product, their new Oat Whipping Cream and I LOVED it so much that I made a classic vegan sponge cake with it. Psst this is a sponsored post.
I found that the Oat Whipping Cream was closer to the dairy whipped cream flavour then their other Coconut Whipping Cream product. So if you’re not into coconut, definitely give this a go!
Substitutions for this recipe
Tips for making this recipe
- Use high quality vanilla, I recommend a vanilla bean paste for the best results
- Preheat your oven and check with an oven thermometer before putting your cake into the oven
- If your oven tends to bake unevenly, use baking strips or rotate your cake at the 40 min mark
- You can easily double this recipe if you want to make a two layered cake using two 8 inch cake tins
- Make sure your aquafaba has strong firm peaks when folding into your cake batter
- If you have access to cake flour, use this instead of plain all purpose flour for an even softer cake
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 25,000 keen bakers on Facebook.