Vegan toffee is a cheap way to create pretty vegan cake decorations and there are so many things you can create. This vegan toffee recipe is super easy and you can use whatever colours you have handy to create this simple marble effect. It can jazz up any plain vegan cake or bake! Great easy recipe if you’re new to vegan baking and looking for something simple. Just remember to use organic sugar for this recipe if you’re located in US.
SIMPLE MARBLE TOFFEE
- 200 g caster sugar
- 120 ml water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Vegan food colouring of your choice
- Combine sugar + water + vinegar in saucepan
- Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil without stirring
- Once golden, take off heat and allow to sit for a minute, or until the mix stops bubbling
- Tip toffee into a small silicon mould of your choice, just covering the bottom
- Working quickly, dip skewer in the colour and dot onto the toffee to create a patten
- Let toffee set, then pop out of mould
DID YOU MAKE THIS TOFFE CAUSE YOU’RE TOO LAZY TO MAKE REAL CAKE DECORATIONS? ME TOO! Tag @veganbakesbysarakidd on Instagram and hashtag it #veganbakesbysarakidd and we can justify each others underlining life issues whilst eating delicious cake in the gym bathroom by ourselves.