This is a wonderful vegan shortcrust pastry recipe that will have you baking millions of pies and tarts in no time! It’s the easiest type of pastry to bake and it always tastes great.
Vegan Shortcrust Pastry
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g vegan butter
- 3 tbs water ice cold
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Have all ingredients in the fridge cold including your mixing bowl
- Using a food processor, pulse flour, salt and butter until crumbly and fine
- Add to cold bowl from fridge, add sugar and cinnamon and give a quick stir
- Using your hands make a well in the middle and pour in cold water and oil
- Using your hands make a twisting motion and blend flour and liquid together until it starts to stick together between your fingers
- Tip dough onto a floured surface and quickly knead together until it's smooth
- Place into a lightly oiled bowl and leave in fridge over night
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 17,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!