Easter is almost here and why not bake a vegan version of Hot Crossed Buns. I’m not a huge fan of dried sultanas or currants but I adore raspberries. So I created a vegan recipe for raspberry hot crossed buns. You can swap out the raspberries for any type of fried dried berry. Here are my top tips for this recipe:
- The longer you leave the dough proof, the better the result. I leave mine overnight.
- Use freeze dried berries for the best results.
- Place a baking dish with water in the bottom of your oven to create steam to help the buns rise.
- If you can, use vegan butter instead of margarine for a better flavour.
- Eat almost straight away or re-heat before serving.
If you have any questions about this recipe feel free to leave a comment below.Print
Want more Easter baking? Check out my special Chocolate Easter Workshop