In July 2019, we interviewed Vegan Pastry Chef, Petra Stahlova from Petra Stahlova, Vegan Pastry and Cooking School and author of MODERN VEGAN DESSERTS
Key Topics Covered
- Potato Protein vs Aquafaba
- What to look out for in vegan butters
- Top tips for pastries and baking
- Mastering the vegan croissant
- Tips for releasing a recipe book and setting up a vegan pastry school
Chocolate brands mentioned by Petra: Cacao Barry, the other one I would recommend is Callebaut (slightly cheaper than CB)
Her english speaking class: Will be available in February, and will be at Cocoa Black in Peebles. Check out her website for details.
Book Recommendations: Chocolate by Ramon Morato, who is one of the best pastry chefs I know. This book is a “must” for anyone who is interested in working with chocolate…
Petra’s New Book
Modern Vegan Desserts
By Petra Stahlova
Buy it on
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 24,000 keen bakers on Facebook.
Leave a Reply