A delicious easy dessert
Coconut Pastry Cream
30 g (¼ cup) icing sugar or confectioners sugar
90 g (⅓ cup) vegan butter or margarine
400 ml can of Nature’s Charm Oat Whipping Cream
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
Pinch of sea salt
¾ tsp agar agar powder
4 tbsp vegetable oil
20 g (4 tsp) cornflour
95 ml (6 ½ tbsp) water
55 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
150 g (approximately 1 cup) frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
1/4 tsp agar agar powder
Rosewater Strawberry Jelly
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water
1 tsp agar agar powder
115 g (½ cup) caster sugar
2 to 3 tbsp rosewater (depending on how potent your rosewater is)
2 to 3 drops of vegan red food colouring
1-2 cups of chopped strawberries
- Prepare 4 dessert jars, each big enough to hold 1 1/2 cups of liquid
- Add the water, and agar agar to a saucepan.
- Whisk to dissolve the agar agar into the water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and continue to simmer for 3 mins.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, and stir until it’s fully dissolved. Add the rosewater and food colouring and stir through.
- Pour into your jars and allow to set in the fridge.
- Mix oil and cornflour together in a small saucepan, whisking to beat out any lumps. Add the water, sugar, and stir.
- Place saucepan on stove over medium heat and add strawberries. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour a small amount of liquid into a small jug, add agar agar and stir to dissolve. Add this liquid back into your saucepan and cook for 3 to 4 mins whilst stirring. Mash the strawberries roughly to help break them down. The mixture will become thick.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your jars over the first layer and place into the fridge for 20 minutes for until firm to touch.
Coconut Pastry Cream
- Add all ingredients except for agar agar to a saucepan, place onto a medium heat whilst stirring until all the butter has melted. Remove.
- Pour ¼ cup of the liquid into a small jug, add agar agar. Stir until combined. Pour back into your saucepan and place back onto a medium heat.
- Continue to stir over heat for two minutes or until it comes to the boil.
- Strain into a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Pour into your jar and place in fridge to set. Top with chopped strawberries.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Vegan, Jelly, Curd, Puddings