This vegan flourless chocolate cake is going to blow your mind. No eggs, no milk, no flour and the main ingredient is potatoes. And it tastes DIVINE. If you can’t leave home, have barely any ingredients, this is the recipe you definitely want to make.
PLEASE NOTE, this recipe is not like a standard cake. It’s more like a rich brownie. The higher quality chocolate you use the better it will taste. To help the cake be firmer, allow time for it to set in the fridge.
Here are some tips for this vegan flourless chocolate cake recipe:
- You can use any type of potato or even pumpkin
- If you allow the cake to set in the fridge after baking the texture will improve, I like this cake even better the next day
- You can freeze this cake for up to a month
- You can heat the cake up to give it a more gooey texture
- You can use any vegan chocolate you have handly, even chocolate chips
- You can add nuts to the batter for extra texture
- Serve with my custard recipe
- If you don’t have golden syrup you can use maple syrup or agave syrup
- Make sure your potato has absolutely no lumps in it
Here are the steps in photos so you can easily see the process for this vegan cake recipe:
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 50 g cocoa powder ½ cup
- 77.5 g brown sugar ½ cup
- ½ tsp salt
- 220 g vegan chocolate
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 tbs golden syrup can use maple or agave syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 g potato puree roughly 4 small-medium sized potatoes boiled then mashed until completely smooth
- Preheat your oven to 190C/374C and grease an 8IN/20CM springloaded cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve cocoa powder, sugar and salt and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Melt chocolate, pour in oil, syrup and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add potato puree (make sure the potato is completely smooth) and chocolate to the large mixing bowl. Mix together on a low speed using an electric hand mixer until just combined.
- Pour into your cake tin and smooth out until completely flat and even.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the top is just firm. It's still going to be quite soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Put in the fridge to set the cake for at least 2 to 3 hours. The cake will become firmer overnight if left in the fridge. Serve with my vegan custard recipe.