I know savoury isn’t really my thing but these Vegan Curried Pumpkin Pastry Parcels are so yummy. This vegan recipe is very easy to bake and fancy without the fuss. You can serve these as a main with salad and dips or as an entree. Great for a vegan Thanksgiving snack or just to have stocked up in the freezer.
How To Make Your Own Pumpkin Puree
It’s insanely easy. You can use any type of pumpkin you like. There are 2 methods to make puree – roasting or boiling. Roasting does give a better flavour but I’m lazy so I boil as it’s quicker.
- Clean and wash your pumpkin. Cut the skin from the outside of the pumpkin and then chop into one inch pieces and place into a large pot. Fill with water, covering the pumpkins and place onto a high heat. Boil until your pumpkin until it’s soft. I test this with a fork to make sure it pierces all the way through a pumpkin piece without force. It should take around 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and carefully drain your pumpkin into a strainer. I use a fry pan flipper and use it to press down the pumpkin to push out any excess water. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 390F.
- Clean and wash your pumpkin. Cut the skin from the outside of the pumpkin and chop into one inch pieces and place onto a baking paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until your pumpkin is soft.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer into an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
Love pumpkin? Check out these pumpkin recipes…
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 25,000 keen bakers on Facebook.