I know savoury isn’t really my thing but these Vegan Curried Pumpkin Pastry Parcels are so yummy. This vegan recipe is very easy to bake and fancy without the fuss. You can serve these as a main with salad and dips or as an entree. Great for a vegan Thanksgiving snack or just to have stocked up in the freezer.
Vegan Curried Pumpkin Pastry Parcels
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter melted
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or margarine melted
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 10 sheets vegan filo pastry most filo pastries are vegan
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven 347F/175C and line two baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together melted butter and peanut butter, add yeast flakes, curry powder, sugar, salt and chilli. Mix into pumpkin and set aside.
- Roll out one piece of your pastry flat on your bench. Using a pastry brush, very lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Fold into thirds, so you have one long rectangle, lightly brush with oil and then fold this in half so you have a smaller rectangle almost square.
- Gently brush with oil and then place 1.5 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture into the centre.
- Fold each corner into the centre. You may need to dab a tiny bit of oil between the layers, so it sticks and becomes a neat little parcel.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the pastry’s edges are golden brown.
- Serve straight away with hummus or vegan sour cream and chilli sauce for an extra kick.
Looking for other pumpkin recipes? Check out these pumpkin scones.