Everyone loves a big fat bakery cookie. These are even better cause I’ve added a secret ingredient that gives it the perfect crispy texture on the outside with a gooey soft chocolate center. And they are HUGE vegan chocolate chip cookies so you can smash your sugar fix and return to life as a normal human.
Crispy Gooey Choc Chip Cookies
- 250 g vegan butter softened to room temperature
- 90 g brown sugar
- 90 g white sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Ground flaxseed egg replacer (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp boiling water mix and let set for 15 mins)
- 390 g all-purpose plain flour
- 35 g cornstarch or corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400 - 500 g vegan chocolate chips or bits
- 125 g vegan bread crumbs
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C/356F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars together. Mix on low until just creamy.
- Add flax egg and vanilla, and beat on low until just combined
- In another bowl sieve together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together until combined. Add to large bowl and mix on low until just combined. You can also mix together with a large spoon or your hands.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use your hands to fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a large spoon, weigh out 90g of dough, roll into a perfect ball.
- Put bread crumbs into a small bowl and cover dough ball in bread crumbs. Place on baking tray. Repeat the process and put 4 balls per tray.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/356F for 15 - 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown and slightly firm to touch
- Let cool on tray for about 12 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool down
- Sprinkle sea salt over the top of cookies
DID YOU MAKE THESE EPIC COOKIES AND SMASH THEM IN YOUR FACE AND THEN HIDE ALL THE OTHERS SO NO-ONE COULD EAT THEM BUT YOU?? AND YOU’RE SECRETLY EATING THEM AT THE GYM? ME TOO!
Tag @vegancakesbysarakidd on Instagram and hashtag it #vegancakesbysarakidd so we can talk about our problems together