Who doesn’t love a pineapple and coconut flavour combination? I worked on this recipe with Nature’s Charm to create an incredible coconut and pineapple flavoured loaf. It’s an absolutely delightful moist loaf that’s a great alternative to banana loaf. This cake uses one product from the Nature’s Charm range – their Coconut Whipping Cream. I can get this at my local supermarket or online. They are a well known international vegan brand, so you shouldn’t have any issues locating their products no matter where you are.
This recipe is very simple and not overly sweet. It only one mixing bowl for the loaf. This recipe is very versatile. You can swap out the pineapple for other soft fruits, or add toasted nuts for added texture. This cake is great as a morning tea snack or toasted for breakfast and served with some vegan butter or sour cream.
- swap pineapple with other soft fruits or berries
- swap caster sugar with coconut sugar
Love Vegan Cakes? Check out these recipes…
- Vegan Coconut Swiss Roll Cake
- Swedish Princess Cake
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
- Gluten-Free Apple Glaze Cake
Vegan Coconut Pineapple Loaf
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 serves 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Easy moist vegan coconut pineapple loaf
160 g (⅔ cup) vegan butter or margarine
145 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
1 can of Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
300 g (2 cups) plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
45 g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
1 can of pineapple pieces in juice, thoroughly drained (approx 230g once drained)
2 tablespoons melted glucose syrup or maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/360°F and grease a standard loaf cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized heat-proof bowl and add sugar whilst still warm. Stir with a whisk to help it dissolve.
- Add Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream and vanilla, whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add coconut. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients whilst stirring with a whisk. It may be a little lumpy, but do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into your cake tin. Place pineapple pieces over the top of the cake batter. Bake on the middle rack in the center of your oven for 75 to 80 minutes, or until a skewer comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before releasing onto a cake rack to cool.
- Brush the tops and sides with syrup to add shine. Serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: 1 bowl mixing
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: vegan, coconut, pineapple
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 24,000 keen bakers on Facebook.
Leave a Reply