These vegan chocolate cream mini cakes are delicious and absolutely easy to bake. This recipe includes mini chocolate cakes and my simple vegan chocolate pastry cream recipe. You can use this recipe for cupcakes, however they won’t be as dome like as my other vegan cupcakes. You can use blueberries, or any type of berries to decorate and edible flowers to decorate.
The chocolate cake is very rich, similar to a heavier style chocolate mud cake. It’s not as dense as a mud cake but it’s also not fluffy and light like a usual cupcake. The cinnamon and coffee enhance the chocolate flavour of the cake making it a more memorable experience.
The chocolate pastry cream recipe can be used for filling other types of vegan cakes or pastries. These chocolate cream mini cakes are ideal for high tea or when you’re wanting to bake something that more bite sized. Here are a few tips for mastering this recipe.
Tips for this recipe
- Use your favourite high quality vegan coverture chocolate
- Make sure to heat your oven to the correct temperature before baking your cakes, I recommend using an oven thermometer
- Grease your cupcake pans heavily as you’re not using cupcake lines to release them. I like using a silicone cupcake tray for an easier release
- If you don’t have or like soy milk, you can substitute it with oat milk
- All cup measurements are in Australian sizes
Looking for other cake recipes
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 24,000 keen bakers on Facebook.