Aren’t brownies just so romantic? We all need a good vegan brownie recipe. It fixes breakups, bad grades, lost wallets and pretty much anything that’s slightly annoying. Add coffee and it’s the winning team. This vegan recipe is really easy to whip up and a great one to add variations. Here are some quick tips for these vegan brownies:
- Want chewy denser brownies? Add 25g of extra butter
- You can swap out or add nuts, marshmallows or lollies to this recipe
- If possible, use the best quality vegan chocolate you can, it really adds to the flavour
I didn’t create step by step photos for this one as I have limited ingredients due to being in lockdown because of Covid-19. However, I have another vegan brownie recipe that’s similar here, where you can see some of the steps used.Print
Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Total Time: 55 minutes
Easy vegan brownies
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 5 tbsp boiling water
- 220 g vegan butter or margarine
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate
- 170 g plain all-purpose flour
- 160 g white sugar
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 150 g vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170C/338C. Line a deep 18CM by 27CM baking tray with baking paper and grease with oil.
- In a small mixing bowl mix ground flaxseed or chia seeds with boiling water together to form a paste. Set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts or on the stove in a saucepan. If you want a chewier denser brownie, add 25g of extra butter. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- In another mixing bowl, sieve together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt. Give it a good whisk to combine. Add half the amount of chocolate chips.
- Add flaxseed paste to butter chocolate mix. Stir with a whisk until combined.
- Pour into flour mixture, and fold through with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into your baking tray and spread out evenly in the tray using your spatula.
- Add remaining chocolate chips over the top and gently push into the batter.
- Bake on the top rack of your oven for 35-40 minutes. You want the top to be slightly firm and the centre will still be slightly gooey. Once out of the oven allow to sit for 30 minutes so it can become firm. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: brownie, chocolate, chocolate chips, recipe, vegan
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 24,000 keen bakers on Facebook.
Hi Sara! What are your thoughts on a cocoa brownie? i.e. no melted chocolate used?
Sara Kidd says
I think will make it more ‘cake’ like
Acacia Hanlon says
I’ve been searching for the perfect vegan brownie, and these did it! My whole family loves them. Can’t wait to make them again!
Sandra Exelby says
Incredibly delicious, easy to make, very tasty and quite rich. Certainly will make again!
Sara Kidd says
Thank you Sandra xo