I am such a sucker for caramel. On my vegan journey I really started to miss Cadbury caramel koalas. So I worked out how I could make simple never ending caramel….. god help us all! This vegan caramel recipe is very easy to make and it’s great in all your vegan cakes, desserts and cookies! Once you make this very simple recipe you will never go without vegan caramel again!
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 60 ml water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 100 grams coconut cream
- pinch sea salt
- Combine sugar, water, white vinegar in saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Don't bring to boil until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil without stirring
- Once very golden but don't burn, take off heat and allow to sit for a minute
- Very slowly stir in coconut cream (it's going to bubble so be EXTRA careful) + salt until completely combined and put back on the stove at medium heat to boil for a few seconds whilst viciously stirring - don't let it burn
- Take off heat, transfer to jar and let cool and use when ready
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @vegancakesbysarakidd on Instagram and hashtag it #vegancakesbysarakidd
I have updated this recipe with variations. Go here: https://sarakidd.com/recipe/best-ever-vegan-caramel-sauce-with-variations/