This is a great recipe for a vegan banana cake with a delicious creamy vegan chocolate ganache. The recipe uses the creaming method and will make a big two-layer 6 inch cake. I’ve added walnut into the ganache layer to give the vegan banana cake texture. The cake crumb is light, fluffy and moist, not at all dense like some banana cakes.
Here are the main tips for this cake:
- Mash the banana until it’s completely smooth and remove any black bits. Don’t let it go brown. The quicker you add the banana the whiter your cake will be.
- Bake this cake in the middle rack if your oven bakes evenly.
- If you don’t have white chia seeds you can use flaxseeds.
- Don’t over mix the batter, it’s going to be very thick.
- Weigh each cake tin with batter in it to achieve perfect even layers.
- Make sure you allow the cake to completely cool before adding ganache otherwise it will melt the ganache.
Here are some photo step by step photos to help you see the process.Print
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 22,000 keen bakers on Facebook.