Along with four easy and delicious variations so you can have cupcakes for days
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
- 2½ tbsp boiling hot water
- 1½ cup plain all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornflour or corn starch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1⅓ cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C.
- Fill your cupcake trays with cupcake liners for 12-15 cupcakes.
- Make your flaxseed egg by mixing flaxseed and water together and set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together and give it a quick whisk to combine ingredients.
- In a large jug, mix vinegar with soy milk until it becomes thick; then add oil and vanilla and mix. Add thickened flax egg and stir.
- Pour liquid into flour bowl and gently fold ingredients together with a whisk until just combined.
- Spoon the cupcake batter into each cupcake hole, filling it ¾ full.
- Place cupcakes in the oven on the top rack and bake cupcakes for 14-16 minutes.
- The tops should bounce back once baked so ask your helper to check and remove from oven.
- Let cupcakes completely cool down and ice with your favourite vegan buttercream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: Dessert