This is an amazing vegan chocolate ganache recipe that is SUPER easy and works every time. I use this recipe on all my under all my fondant cakes and chocolate cakes. You can use this as a drip icing, cake filling and frosting. I always recommend using a really good quality vegan chocolate. It will make a huge difference with the flavour.
Make sure you watch my youtube video below on how to make this vegan ganache recipe.
RATIO Chocolate : Coconut CreamDrip Icing 0.8 : 1
Cake Filling 1:1
Cake Frosting 2:1 (recipe down below)
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 600 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 300 mls thick coconut cream
- Heat coconut cream in large heavy bottom pot on low heat until small bubbles appear around the edge right before it's about to start simmering, don't boil. You can also heat in the microwave.
- Remove from stove/microwave and add chocolate making sure it is covered by the cream, cover and let sit for 10 mins.
- Stir through chocolate using a whisk.
- If there are any lumps, put pot back onto stove on very low heat and stir until lumps have melted and the ganache is shiny.
- Transfer to a microwave friendly bowl and let the ganache thicken enough so it can be used to ice your cake.
- If it sets too hard you can put into the microwave on a low heat until soft enough to use.
Cake Filling 1:1
Cake Frosting 2:1 If you're using this for cupcakes, leave to firm up for 20-30 mins. This goes really well with my chocolate cake recipe HERE
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 15,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!