Wanna impress at that party even though you’re the ‘vegan’…. well my super friend, these cookies are you for! Super easy to bake, tastes great and you’re gonna make some new shiny ‘real’ friends with these fiery little buddies. Great for kid’s parties too. Impress the principle, your new lover or the neighbour – whatevs just bake em and eat em!
Perfect Vegan Party Cookies
- 125 g vegan butter
- 100 g firmly packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp high quality vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch /cornflour added to 3 tbs water to form a paste
- 220 g all-purpose plain flour 1 cup and 3/4 cups + extra
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 45 g icing sugar 1/3 cup plus extra
- 3 tbs soy milk plus extra
- 1/2 tsp high quality vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup vegan sprinkles / 100s and 1000s
How To Make Cookies
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until creamy.
- Add corn starch paste and beat until creamy, don't worry if it curdles slightly.
- In another bowl, sieve all flour, baking soda and salt together and mix with a whisk.
- Add flour mix to butter mix, and using your hands mix together to form a soft dough. If it's sticking to your fingers add more flour until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Cover and leave in fridge for at least an hour or even over night.
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/356F. Grease and line 1 large baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and flour a clean surface
- Roll dough to 1.5CM thick and cut out 6 cookies using a large cookie cutter. See video for tips on how to get perfectly shaped cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 mins or until tops are just firm and cookie is slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool down.
How To Make Glaze
- In a small bowl, mix together icing sugar, vanilla and soy milk to form a thick but runny glaze. The glaze should form ribbons on top of the mixture for a moment. If not, add more icing sugar.
- Dunk cooled cookies into glaze and then into sprinkles and let set for 30 mins before eating. See my YouTube video for extra tips on how to make the cookies perfect!