This glorious gluten free vegan apple cake recipe is from my brand new cook book that is coming out in October. I wanted to give you a sneak peak of what to expect. This recipe is all about the gluten free flour mix, it gives this cake the most gorgeous texture, no-one will ever suspect it’s gluten-free. There are a few ingredients in this recipe but it’s so easy to make and you won’t be able to stop eating it.
Want to learn more about Gluten-Free baking? Check out my Gluten-Free workshop.
Gluten Free Vegan Apple Glaze Cake
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 tbsp boiling water
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour or corn starch
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground gringer
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup veggie oil you can use melted coconut oil also
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
HOW TO MAKE THE CAKE
- Preheat your oven to 175C/347F and line a 6 inch cake tin with baking paper and grease
- Firstly make your egg replacer, mix the flaxseed with the boiling water and stir. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sieve all your dry ingredients together and mix together with a whisk
- In a large jug, mix your soy milk and vinegar together until it thickens Add remaining wet ingredients and mix together really well
- Thinly slice your apple and place them in a small bowl. Cover apple pieces in a tiny amount of your wet ingredients and then cover with a small amount of the dry ingredients. Put aside 2 tbsp of the flour mix.
- Make a well in the centre of your flour mix and pour in your milk mix. Gently mix together using a whisk until just combined. Pour into your cake tin and gently tap on the bench to release air bubbles
- Sprinkle the spare flour over the top of the batter Sprinkle 3/4 of your walnuts over the flour Arrange the apple onto the cake starting from the outside and working your way to the middle
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 mins or until a skewer comes out almost clean Remove from oven and allow to sit in the cake tin for 10 mins before turning onto a cooling rack
HOW TO MAKE GLAZE
- To make your glaze mix together your icing sugar, water and golden syrup until combined and pour over the top of your cake
Watch how to make this cake on my youtube channel which also has loads of vegan baking tips
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 15,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!