This no-bake, flourless caramel crunch cookie is going to fix any sweet tooth craving you have in lockdown. This vegan recipe uses very simple ingredients from your pantry to create a very satisfying snack. You can see me bake this on my Bake-Along with Vegan Chef Zacchary Bird here: https://www.facebook.com/events/624857121398023/
Here are some tips for this recipe
- These keep best in the fridge or freezer for weeks
- You can use any nuts or muesli
- Use silicon egg rings to help create that perfect round shape when setting the caramel
- When making your caramel, make sure the sugar syrup is a dark brown before you add your coconut cream
No Bake Flourless Vegan Caramel Crunch Cookies
- 220 grams caster sugar 1 cup
- 60 ml water ¼ cup
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 100 grams coconut cream ⅓ cup + 1 tbs
- good pinch sea salt
- 160 g favourite roasted muesli or granola approx 1 ½ cups
- Handful of your favourite salted nuts chopped coursely or whatever you have handy
- 250 g high quality vegan dark chocolate (50 to 70% cocoa) or whatever you have handy
- 50 g vegan white chocolate
- Pink candy colouring or petal dust
- Combine sugar, water, white vinegar in saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Don't bring to boil until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil without stirring.
- Once very golden but don't burn, take off heat and allow to sit for a minute.
- Very slowly stir in coconut cream (it's going to bubble so be EXTRA careful) + salt until completely combined and put back on the stove at medium heat to boil for a few seconds whilst viciously stirring – don't let it burn.
- Take off heat and pour muesli and nuts into the pot. Stir to completely cover. Make sure it’s not too runny. If so add more muesli.
- Arrange 6 silicone egg rings on a lightly greased baking tray. Fill each ring about half a centimetre and place in freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a large mixing bowl in the microwave in short bursts or using a double boiler method.
- Remove caramels from the freezer and using a spatular or a butter knife gently lift the caramels onto a cooling rack and place over the baking tray. It's going to be sticky!
- Dunk each caramel into the chocolate and completely cover. Scrape off excess chocolate and place on the rack. Once you have covered all cookies put back into the freezer to set.
- To decorate, melt white chocolate and add colouring. Remove cookies from freezer and drizzle over the top of each cookie. Keep cookies cold in the fridge or freezer right up until eating.
LOOKING FOR MORE FLOURLESS RECIPES? Check out this Flourless Chocolate Cake
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 17,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!