This classic vegan vanilla butter cake is buttery with the aroma of vanilla and presents a firm cake crumb. It’s not overly sweet and can pair with any flavour. This cake is great for stacking and freezing as it doesn’t dry out easily. It’s a must have stable recipe for your vegan cake repertoire.
This cake is one of the recipes featured in my new cookbook THE VEGAN CAKE BIBLE, now available to purchase here. This cookbook encapsulates 60 recipes, decorating cake tutorials, troubleshooting, ingredients recommendations and everything you could possible ever want to know about vegan cakes. My hardcover cookbook (265 pages!) is broken down into the following chapters:
- HOW TO USE THIS BOOK
- THE BASICS
- ASSEMBLING & DECORATING YOUR CAKE
- FOUNDATION FROSTING
- FOUNDATION FILLINGS
- FOUNDATION CAKES
- TRADITIONAL CAKES
- SPECIALITY CAKES
- GLUTEN FREE CAKES
The reason I’m sharing this recipe is that you can’t beat a classic vanilla cake recipe. It works of every occasion and it’s also an easy recipe that you can bake, whether you’re a beginner or at an advanced level.
This cake can pair with any type of cake frosting or even a ganache recipe, so get creative.
Vegan Vanilla Butter Cake Breakdown
Substitutions for this recipe
- sub soy milk for your favourite plant milk
- sub xanthan gum for 1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tablespoons boiling water)
Tips for making this recipe
- Try to use the best quality vegan butter you can, a block butter is best
- Use high quality vanilla, I recommend a vanilla bean paste for the best results
- Preheat your oven and check with an oven thermometer before putting your cake into the oven
- If you use a flax egg instead of xanthan gum, add to the creamed butter and mix on high until combined
- If your oven tends to bake unevenly, use baking strips or rotate your cake at the 40 min mark
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you want to make a larger layered cake
Love this recipe? Check out these…Print
Order my latest cookbook and get baking!
Over 60 recipes, gluten-free cake recipes included, many photographed decorating tutorials and everything you need to know about about baking, building and decorating spectacular vegan cakes! Out now…