Having an easy vegan jelly roll recipe up your sleeve is a must have for every baker. I’ve developed a few variations of this recipe which are linked down below if you’re looking at options. This recipe is an absolutely delightful cake with a very light airy sponge texture and my classic raspberry jam recipe. You can also use store brought jam which makes the recipe even easier.
I love a good jelly roll cake as they bake so quickly (20 minutes) and this recipe uses a one bowl method. No mix master, no huge clean ups and no intense decorating required. It’s a great recipe when you need something super quick and easy that’s sure to please everyone.
This recipe is very versatile. You can dust with icing sugar or decorate with any types of berries or fruit depending on the season or even leave plain for a simpler version. This cake is great as a celebration cake or for an event like a family holiday lunch. It’s quick, easy and incredibly delicious.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
- vegetable oil
- icing sugar
- plain soy milk
- vegan sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla bean paste
- plain all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- jam (I have included a recipe if you want to make your own)
What tools do I need for this recipe?
- large mixing bowl
- jelly roll cake tin
- baking paper
- large offset spatula
- kitchen scales
- saucepan and wooden spoon (if you’re making your own jam)
Vegan Jelly Roll Breakdown
|Method:||Mixing in one bowl|
|Size:||1 Roll Cake (15 ½ inches / 39.37 cm long)|
|Serving:||12 casual servings|
|Pairing:||Any types of fruit / Champagne|
|Profile:||Light airy sponge|
|Storage:||Airtight container in the fridge for 3 days & can freeze for 1 month|
|Bakers Tip:||Check your cake’s baking progress at the 18 minute mark|
Tips For Making This Vegan Jelly Roll Perfect
- Make sure your oven is heated to the correct temperature before baking, use an Oven Thermometer
- Use a vanilla bean paste for the best flavour
- Don’t over bake this cake, you’re looking for the sides of the cake to become golden brown, that’s when you know it’s ready and top is springy to touch
- Use a jelly roll cake tin for best results, I recommend USA Bakeware range
- Follow my rolling technique to ensure the cake won’t crack
- swap soy milk with coconut milk for a soy free version
- Swap raspberry jam with your favourite jam or even a vegan whipped cream
Love Cakes? Check out these vegan cake recipes…Print
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join in on vegan baking conversations with 25,000 keen bakers on Facebook.