Quick, simple vegan chocolate chip cookies made with bananas
- 225 g all-purpose plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 125 g vegan butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- 125 g light brown sugar (firmly packed )
- 1/2 large super ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tbs chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste
- 125 g vegan dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 125 g vegan white chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- In medium bowl sieve your flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In large bowl, use a mix master with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer on low-medium to beat butter and then slowly add sugar and beat for 2 minutes until its a smooth fluffy mixture.
- Then add banana, peanut butter, vanilla and mix on low until combined
- Add your flour to the bowl and mix with a large wooden spoon until just combined into a dough that sticks together, don't over mix. You can also use your hands to mix if you want.
- Add chocolate chips and gently mix through the dough until just combined.
- Put in airtight container or wrap in glad wrap and leave in fridge overnight. This is an optional step but it does result in better cookies.
- Take out of fridge, and preheat a conventional oven to 175C/350F. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon, drop small round circles of dough onto your trays. You should fit 8 – 12 per tray, depending on size of the tray.
- Bake cookies on the top rack of your oven until edges are slightly browned (depending on how crunchy you want them). For small cookies bake for 9-10 minutes and for larger cookies bake 11-12 minutes. Check tops are firm to touch before removing from the oven. Remove from your oven and allow to cool.
- Eat them all!
For chewy cookies, allow them to cool on the pan for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86NWBoC9FrI[/embed]
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: chocolate chips, vegan, vegan cookie