This is seriously good. I mean it! This is one of my all time favourite vegan cream cheese buttercream recipes because it tastes so great, it’s really easy to make and it only takes about 15 minutes to whip up. Make sure you check out my video for all my buttercream tips and tricks.
Best Ever Vegan Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 95 g veggie shortening at room temp (I use high ratio shortening)
- 115 g unsalted vegan butter unsalted, at room temp
- 240 g vegan cream cheese at room temp (I use Angel Food Cream Cheese or Tofutti) DON'T USE SHEESE CREAM CHEESE
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon essence
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Sift icing sugar and set aside
- Using a standard mixer with a paddle attachment beat shortening for a few minutes to soften and break up. Add butter and beat on low for 5 minutes until incorporated and light.
- Beat cream cheese separately for a few minutes to soften and break up. Add to butter mixture and beat on low for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add icing sugar on lowest speed to begin to incorporate. Once completely mixed, add vanilla, lemon and salt.
- You can now use to decorate cakes or cupcakes. If you would like a firmer mixture leave in the fridge to firm up.
Want advice and more recipe ideas? Join our Facebook group with 15,000+ Vegan Bakers!
Discover recipe ideas, get advice and join our monthly bake-offs to win prizes! This is the most active vegan baking group on facebook!